5 ½ cups whole milk
4 tbsp vinegar + ¼ cup water
2 tsp semolina / suji
Pinch of baking powder
2 ½ cups of sugar
2 green cardamom
1. Bring the milk to boil. After the first boil turn off the heat then add vinegar mix (4 tbsp vinegar+ ¼ cup water).
2. Set a cheese cloth on a sieve and pour the curdled milk onto the cloth, wash it under running water and press the chenna gently to remove the excess water completely.
3. Bring the chenna to a bowl . Add semolina (suji), a pinch of baking powder and knead for 5-6 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
4. Heat 4 cups of water and add 2½ cups of sugar. Let boil
5. Now form small sized balls from the dough and make 12-14 oval shaped balls.
6. When the sugar syrup begins to boil, add chom chom, 2 green cardamom and boil them for 20 minutes over high heat.
7. After 20 minutes start adding 1 cup of water every hour for 3 hours over med heat.
8. When the desired color of the sweets is reached, take it off the heat . Store the sweets along with the sugar syrup.