An easy and quick way to make delicious Aloor Singara to go with your favorite chutney!
Here is what you'll need:
Plain flour/Maida 2 cups
Salt 1/2 tsp
Cooking oil 5 tbsp
Coldwater 1/2 cup
Boiled potato 3
Red chili 2 pcs
Panch Phoron 1 tsp
Coriander seeds 1 tsp
Green chili 3 pcs
Sliced ginger 1 tsp
Peanut 2 tbsp Instructions:
For Singara Dough:
1. In a large plate or a bowl take plain flour/maida, salt, 5 tablespoons of cooking oil.
2. Mix the flour with your hand till you get a breadcrumb-like consistency.
3. When you press a portion of the mixture, it should hold together and not crumble (as shown in the video).
4. Add cold water as required to make a smooth and tight dough (approx 1/2 cup).
5. Rest the dough for 30 min.
For the stuffing:
1. In a pan roast red chilies, panch phoron, coriander seeds and grind them using mortar and pestle.
2. Pound 1 teaspoon of ginger and green chili also using mortar and pestle
3. Heat 2 tablespoon of oil, add peanuts, green chili-ginger mix, chili panch phoron and coriander mix, a little bit of turmeric, half-boiled potato cubes, and salt to taste.
1. Heat oil over medium heat.
2. Turn over frequently and maintain low heat.