With the varied flavors of this mouth-watering Doi Bora dish, you surely can't get enough of it once you try it!
Maskalai dal/urad dal - 1 cup (soak for min 6 hours)
Plain yogurt/tok doi - 2 cups
Roasted chili powder
Roasted cumin powder
Tamarind - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Black salt/bit lobon - 1/4 tsp
1 . Grind the lentils with a mixer or a blender, add about 1/2 cup of water in intervals to make a smooth batter.
2. Transfer the batter into a bowl and beat for around 10-12 min until its light and fluffy.
3. Heat oil in a pan and fry the lentil balls over low-medium heat until cooked. It will take around 7-8 min.
4. In a large bowl add 2 tsp of salt in 4 cups of water and soak the fried dumplings/bora immediately in the water mix for 15 min.
5. Squeeze water gently out of the dumplings/bora and spread yogurt (blended with salt, roasted chili, roasted cumin) over it.
6. Garnish with roasted chili powder, roasted cumin powder, tamarind chutney, and some mint leaves.