With the thick, rich gravy and the perfect blend of spices, this Korai/Karahi Chicken dish is finger-licking good!
Here is what you'll need!
Chicken (curry pieces) 1 kg
Ginger paste 1 tsp, Garlic paste 1 tsp
Tomato sliced 1 cup
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder1/2 tsp
Coriander powder1 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Plain yogurt 3 tbsp + 1 tsp sugar
Kasuri methi 1/2 tsp
Coriander 1-2 tbsp
1. Heat oil in a pan, add 1/2 tsp of salt then place the chicken and fry 5 minutes.
2. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for another 5 min over med-heat.
3. Add tomatoes and salt to taste (1/2 tsp), cover, and cook for 10 min over low med heat. Stir occasionally.
4. Remove cover and add all the spices. Fry the chicken for another 15 min.
5. Add plain yogurt + 1 teaspoon of sugar to the pan. Cook for another 5 min.
6. Garnish with Kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves.
8. Serve hot with your favorite rice or roti or chapati or butter naan.