Our dinner can't get any creamier and tastier with this Dal Makhani dish on the table. Try it yourself and know!
Urad dal sabut / black matpe beans 1 cup
Rajma (Red kidney beans) 1/4 cup
Ghee 3 tbsp
Chopped onion 1 cup
Garlic paste 1 tbsp
Ginger paste 1 tbsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Tomato puree 1 cup
Butter 4 tbsp
Chopped garlic 4-5 cloves
Roasted cumin powder 1 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Coriander 1/4 cup
1. Wash and rinse urad dal sabut and red kidney beans (rajma) with cold water.
2. In a pressure cooker bring the dal and rajma, add 1 teaspoon of salt and cook for 8-10 whistles (over med-high heat).
3. After that, lower down the flame and cook for another 25 min until the dal and rajma soften. You will be able to mash them with your fingers.
4. Heat 3 tablespoon of ghee on a heavy bottom pan, then add chopped onion and fry until light brown.
5. Add garlic and ginger paste and saute for a minute until the raw smell goes away.
6. Now add red chili, fry for a minute then add tomato puree, salt, and cook for 4-5 min.
5. Add coriander for flavor.
6. Bring the cooked dal to the mix and cook until it reaches the desired consistency.
7. Add sugar (optional), roasted cumin powder, and garam masala and let it simmer for 5-6 min.
8. In a separate pan add butter and chopped garlic and fry them until light brown.
9. Pour the garlic butter tarka to the mix.
10. Serve it with Naan or Paratha or flavored rice.