As much as crispy these Jilapis are on the outside, they are juicy on the inside with the perfect chewy texture. Try them yourself and serve hot!
1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup of water
¼ cup plain yogurt
¼ tsp baking soda
2 cup of sugar
1 cup of water
¼ tsp lime juice
1. Mix flour, water, plain yogurt, and baking soda then allow resting for 15 minutes
2. Make sure the batter set aside is thick consistency to prevent any dispersion in oil while making the jilapi shape
3. Prepare the syrup with sugar, water, cardamom, and lime juice in a pot on medium heat
4. Remove from heat once the syrup is stringy consistency
5. Transfer the batter into a squeeze bottle then create your jilapi shape using spiral motion in oil that’s on low heat to hold its shape
6. Once all the jilapi has been placed in oil, crank up the heat to medium-high to fry until light golden brown
7. Coat the jilapi in the syrup then transfer onto a cooling rack
8. Ready to Enjoy!