Bakarkhani is an absolutely delicious, thick, and crispy flatbread that originates from Puran Dhaka of Bangladesh. If you haven't tried this awesome traditional snack yet, you're in for a real treat!
Here is what you'll need:
Plain flour/Maida 1 cup
Salt 1/2 tsp
Cooking oil 1 tablespoon
Cooking oil 1/2 cup
Butter 1/4 cup
1. Make dough with flour, salt, and oil. Add the water little by little, about a tablespoonful at a time to make a stretchy dough (approx 1/2 cup).
2. Grease oil on top of the dough and cover with a wet cloth for at least 30 minutes.
3. On a separate bowl mix 1/2 cup of oil with 1/4 cup of butter
4. After 30 min, roll the dough as thin as possible. (you can use some flour on the board)
5. Take some oil mixture and spread over the rolled dough.
6. Sprinkle some flour over the oil so spreading the flour dries out the oil.
7. Apply the oil mixture again and repeat the same process as shown in the video.
8. Make five cuts with a knife for each piece.
9. Bake 22-25 minutes or until it is light brown.