A simple and quick cha recipe!
2 cups water
Cardamom - 5 pods, crushed
4 tsp, 10g Black Tea (Assam or Yunnan)
2 cups whole milk
3½ tbsp sugar
1. In a pan, add 2 cups of water, crushed cardamom and black tea - boil on high heat.
2. Next, add in whole milk, mix and let it boil on high heat - stir well.
3. Add in the sugar.
4. Low simmer for 12 - 15 minutes (low heat).
5. After this, place a sieve on top of a glass/cup and pour the mixture into it, allowing all the solid ingredients to be separated from the liquid and the tea to become smooth.
6. Your cha is ready!
3 cups water
1 inch crushed ginger
1 cinnamon stick
5 black tea teabags
12 pcs cardamom pods
1 cup milk
2 tsp jaggery/ brown sugar
1. Firstly, in a pan add 3 cups of water, crushed ginger, and a cinnamon stick - stir, boil and reduce to 2½ cups.
2. Turn off the heat and add in the black tea teabags.
3. Using a pestle and mortar, lightly crush the cardamom pods.
4. Use a teaspoon to scoop the cardamom, and then place it into the pan with the tea mixture.
5. Let steep for 2 minutes.
6. After 2 minutes, add 1 cup of milk and let it simmer for 6 to 7 minutes.
7. In a separate cup, add in jaggery and place a sieve on top of the cup.
8. Pour the tea into the cup (the sieve should separate the solid ingredients from the tea).
9. Your cha is ready!