Tandoori chicken with yellow rice.
Here is what you'll need!
For Tandoori Chicken :
Chicken thighs 1/2 kg
Plain yogurt 2 tbsp
Garlic paste 1 tsp
Onion paste 1 tbsp
Ginger paste 1 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Lime juice 1 tbsp
For smoke 1 piece of hot charcoal + 1 tbsp ghee
For Yellow Rice:
Cooking oil Butter 2 tbsp
Onion 1/4 cup
Green chili 4 pcs
Green bell pepper 1/4 cup
Red bell pepper 1/4 cup
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Chicken Stock 3 cups
Soaked basmati rice 2 cups
1. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, garlic paste, ginger paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and lime juice. Mix until smooth.
2. Add chicken thighs to the bowl and spread yogurt mixture over chicken.
3. Take a piece of coal (about 3 inches big) and hold it over a gas flame with the help of tongs. The coal will begin to turn red hot and grey in about 5 minutes. Place the hot coal inside a steel cup and return it to the chicken mixture. Pour a spoon of ghee on the coal and cover for 5 min.
4. Remove the coal and marinade the chicken for 1 hr.
5. Cook chicken on grill until no longer pink and juices run clear.
For yellow rice:
1. Heat 1 table spoon of cooking oil and butter in a pan.
2. Add onion 1/2 cup, green chili red, green and yellow bell pepper. And saute until the onions are translucent.
3. Add cumin powder, turmeric , salt and stir fry for few minutes.
4. Add 2 cups of soaked basmati rice and 1 table spoon of tomato paste. stir until well mixed in
5. Pour chicken broth and raise heat to medium-high. Bring the mix to a boil then turn the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid.
6. Cook until the broth is totally absorbed.
7. Remove from heat and add cilantro, and fluff with a fork.
8. Enjoy !