Basmati Rice 2 cups
Hot water 3 cups, 1 cup milk
Powder milk 2 tbsp
Bay leaves 2, cardamom 3, cloves 3, Shah jeera 1/2 tsp
Sliced onion 1/4 cup
Ginger paste 1/2 tsp
Ghee 1 tbsp
Fried onion/ Beresta
1) Soak basmati rice for atleast 30 mins.
2) Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan then saute onion until translucent
3) Add bay leaves , shah jeera and whole garam masala and fry until fragrant (1-2 min)
4) Now add the soaked basmati rice and mix well. Saute for 3-4 min
5) Add 3 cups of hot water , 1 cup of milk , 2 tablespoon of powder milk (optional), ginger paste and salt .
6) Boil the rice uncovered for 6-7 min until rice is visible on the top.
7) Now lower the heat and cover until the rice is tender.
8) Garnish with Ghee , fried onion/ beresta and kewra water.
9) Enjoy with your favorite gravy!