Plain flour / maida 1.5 cups
Active dry yeast 1 tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Cooking oil 1 tbsp
Water 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (if needed)
Garlic 4 cloves (finely chopped)
Cilantro/ Dhone pata
Full Recipe Video :
1. In a small bowl add yeast, sugar and water. Let it bloom for 10 minutes. ( you will know the yeast is activated when its all bubbly and frothy on top. )
2. In a separate bowl add flour and salt (mix them well), add to it yeast , plain yogurt(tok doi) and oil (mix until combined ).
3. Grease the dough with oil and set aside for 1 hr in room temperature.
4. After around 60 minutes, the dough will be more than double in size. Knead the dough briefly and divide into 4 equal parts. (Cover the dough balls with a kitchen towel and let them rest for 5-10 minute.)
5. Meanwhile melt 3 tablespoons of butter, add minced garlic and chopped cilantro to it. Keep the garlic butter ready to brush on the naan.
6. Take a dough ball and roll it into an oval shape, around 10 to 11 inches long and 6 inches wide. Apply little bit of flour on the surface before roll the dough. Sprinkle some chopped garlic and coriander on top and roll so that they can stick to the naan.
7. flip it over and brush the bottom side of the naan with water
8. Transfer the rolled naan onto the hot skillet. Let it cook for couple of minutes until you see bubbles on top. Brush the naan at this point with the prepared garlic butter.
9. With the help of a tong, remove the naan from skillet, flip and transfer directly to the gas.
10- Cook the garlic naan for 15-20 seconds (directly on gas) until nicely golden brown from both the sides.