This is one of our childhood favorites, so happy to have tracked down the recipe again. They were everything I remembered!, delightful and delicious.
600 gm green papaya
8 cups water
¼ cup ghee 2 small cinnamon sticks
2 tbsp sugar
4 cups of hot milk
1 cup powdered milk
1 cup condensed milk
Salt (a pinch)
Almond and pistachio
1. First start off by peeling the papaya skin off, cutting it into smaller pieces, and then grating the papaya.
2. In a pan, add water, boil, and place the papaya inside - stir and cook for 4 minutes.
3. Place the papaya in a mesh-like fabric cloth, place in a pan containing a sieve, and wring out the water.
4. In a different pan add ghee, cinnamon sticks, cardamom, then mix in the papaya - saute for 5 minutes on medium high heat.
5. Add sugar, mix it in well, then add milk - bring to a boil, stir continuously.
6. Next, add powdered milk, condensed milk, and a pinch of salt whilst continuously mixing.
7. Lastly, sprinkle almonds and pistachios on top
8. Your papaya dessert is ready to enjoy!