10 quick easy steps to making a delicious mouth watering dessert!
2 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp raisins
1½ tbsp pistachio
1½ tbsp almonds
200 gm lachcha semai (fine vermicelli)
4 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp milk powder (2x)
3 cups of milk
½ cup condensed milk
½ cup custard powder + ½ cup milk
1. Firstly, in a pan, put in ghee, raisins, pistachios and almonds - stir, and toast until light brown.
2. Use a spatula to take out the toasted mixture, and place it onto a plate on the side.
3. In the same pan, add in the lachcha semai, sugar, and milk powder; stir the 3 ingredients together thoroughly and let it fry until light brown, then let it cool.
4. Put the semai into a dish (it is ready to be used later).
4. In a different pan, pour in 3 cups of milk and stir continuously so that it reduces to half of its original quantity.
5. After that, add in milk powder, followed by condensed milk - use a spatula to mix everything together well, and continuously.
6. In a separate small jug, put custard powder in with milk, mix together, then put it into the bigger milk pan - mix and cook until it thickens.
7. Next, get the semai dish and pour the milk custard mixture on top of the semai - sprinkle semai on top of the custard too.
8. Then, sprinkle the previously toasted raisins, pistachios and almonds on top.
9. Place the bowl/dish in the refrigerator - let it refrigerate overnight.
10. Your mouth watering creamy nawabi semai is now ready to be served!