Here is what you'll need!
For Cake Mix:
Sugar 50 gm
Cooking oil/ butter 2 tbsp
Milk 2 tbsp
Plain flour/Maida 3/4 cup
Baking powder 1 tsp
Baking soda 1/8 tsp
Salt 1/8 tsp
Whipping cream 2 cups
Sugar 2 tbsp
Water syrup: 1/4 cup water + 2tbsp sugar
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the egg yolks , sugar , oil and milk until light and smooth.
2. Sift all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt) in to the mixture in batches and mix with a spoon until just combined.
3. In a separate bowl beat the egg whites , sugar, lime zest and juice and evenly distribute to the mix until well incorporated.
4. Preheat a heavy bottom pan over low-medium heat. Lightly grease a cake tin with a little extra butter or oil and cut a piece of non-stick baking parchment to fit the base of the tin.
5. Pour or spoon the mixture into the tin, smooth the top and bake in the preheated pan about 40-45 minutes. The cake is cooked when it looks well risen and golden; the top should spring back when lightly touched with a fingertip. Another test is to insert a toothpick into the center of the cake - it should come out clean.
6. Use 2 cups of whipping cream and 2 table spoon of sugar to make the frosting, decorate with strawberries and serve.