Vada is a category of savoury fried snacks from India. Different types of vadas can be described variously as fritters, cutlets, doughnuts, or dumplings. Alternative names for this food include wada, vade, vadai, wadeh and bara.-Wikipedia
Here is what you'll need!
Soaked urad dal 1 cup
Chopped cilantro / dhonia pata 3 tbsp
Chopped curry leaves 1 tbsp
Black pepper 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Chopped onion 1/4 cup
Green chili 3-4 pcs
Salt to taste
Baking soda 1/4 tsp
1. Soak the urad dal for an hour.
2. Blend for a few minutes to obtain a smooth dough. Add a tablespoon of water from time to time to prevent the mixer from getting stuck or overheat.
3. Transfer the blended urad dal to a bowl and add all the ingredients except baking soda.
4. Once all the ingredients mixed well with the dal add 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
5. Soak one hand in the bowl of water and immediately take a small piece of dough.
While keeping this piece of dough in the palm of your hand, use the thumb to make a hole in the middle.
6. Fry over medium heat. Turn vadais and fry until both sides turn golden and crisp.