Here is what you'll need!
Moong dal 1 cup
Cooking oil 3 tbsp
Raw cumin seeds 1 tsp
Bay leaves 2
Sliced Onion 1/2 cup
Garlic paste 1 tsp
Ginger paste 1 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Tomatos 1 cup
Fish head 500 gm
Water 2 cups
Garnish with 1 tsp Roasted cumin powder, Coriander , and green chili
1. Fry yellow moong dal until fragrant then soak and drain the excess water. In a heavy bottom pot boil the moong dal.
2. Heat the cooking oil on medium flame and add cumin , garam masala, onion and saute until translucent.
3. Then add turmeric, red chili , coriander, garlic and ginger paste and saute for 3-4 minute
4. Add 1 cup of tomatoes and salt to taste
5. Then add washed fish head and Saute for minimum 10 min .
6. Then add the boiled Moong dal and keep stirring.
7. Add Hot water 2 cups and cook for another 10 min.
8. Garnish with roasted cumin powder, chopped cilantro, green chili and ghee.