This Bangladeshi fish curry packed full of herbs and spices will go down well at any dinner party.
Here is what you'll need!
Mrigal or Rui Fish 500 gm or 6-7 pieces
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Water 1.5 cups and additional for saute
Cauliflower 2 cups (1 inch cubes)
Potato 1 large
Roasted cumin powder 1 tsp
Coriander to garnish
Fish Cleaning Tips:
To remove odor you can use any of the following 4 techniques
1. Wash it with cold water
2. Soak it in milk
3. Wash with all purpose flour 4. squirt it with lemon juice before cooking
1. Marinate fish with turmeric, red chili, salt and fry them lightly.
2. Heat a pan with oil and add onion (saute for 3-4 min).
3. Add all the spices and saute until fragrant.
4. Add potatoes and saute for 5 min, then add cauliflower, mix well .
5. Pour in the water and cook for 5 min , bring the fish , add tomatoes and green chili. Gently cook for 4-5 mins until the fish flakes easily
6. Garnish with roasted cumin powder and coriander
7. Enjoy !