A delicious easy recipe which has now become a forever family favorite!
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 bay leaves
1 black cardamom
1 cup chana dal (soaked for 30 minutes)
¾ tsp red chilli/kashmiri ¼ tsp turmeric ¼ tsp salt 2 cups water
2 tbsp cooking oil 1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp chopped garlic
3 green chilli (chopped)
1 cup onion (chopped) 1 cup tomato (chopped)
½ tsp salt ¼ tsp turmeric 1 tsp red chilli/kashmiri
½ tsp cumin 1 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp coriander (chopped)
2 tbsp ghee ¼ tsp hing 1½ tsp crushed coriander
3 dry red chilli
1. Drizzle cooking oil in a pressure cooker.
2. Add bay leaves, black cardamom, cardamom and cloves into a pressure cooker and stir.
3. Then, add the chana dal and mix thoroughly.
4. Mix in red chilli, turmeric and salt.
5. Add water and stir well.
6. Place the lid of the pressure cooker on tightly and wait for 3 whistles.
7. Carefully take off the lid and check to see if the dal is cooked.
8. In a separate pan add cooking oil, cumin, ginger and garlic - mix well.
9. Shortly after, add green chillies into your mixture and keep stirring.
10. Add onions and fry until light brown.
11. Add tomatoes and salt whilst continuously mixing.
12. Add turmeric and red chilli.
13. Saute for 4-5 minutes.
14. Add cumin and garam masala.
15. After this, add the dal mixture into the pan and add salt for taste.
16. Add water if needed.
17. Sprinkle coriander and stir.
18. Now place the dal into a dish/container/bowl.
19. In another pan add ghee, hing, crushed coriander and dry red chilli.
20. Drizzle the ghee mixture over the dal.
21. Ready to enjoy!