Impress your friends and family with this very easy to make chicken curry.
Here is what you'll need!
Cooking oil 4 tbsp
Potatoes 3 medium
Chicken 1.5 kg
Onion sliced 1 cup
Raw cumin 1 tbsp
Bay Leaf 1
Ginger paste 1 tbsp
Garlic paste 1 tbsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Tomato paste 1 tbsp (you can also use chopped tomatoes)
Water 2 cups
Sugar 1/2 tsp
Garnish with 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
1. Heat oil in a pan , add half teaspoon of salt and half teaspoon of sugar, fry until the sugar caramelized. Add the potatoes and fry until light brown. (set aside the potatoes once they are light brown)
2. In the same pan add 1 tablespoon of raw cumin, onion, bay leaf and saute until the onions are translucent. Add little bit of water ( lessening the risk of the smaller seeds and spices burning) add garlic paste, ginger paste, red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric and saute until fragrant. Add chicken, tomato paste and salt. Continue to cook and stir for 10 minutes .
3. Add 2 cups of water and cook for 20 min.
4. Add the fried potatoes and simmer until potatoes are tender (10 min).
5. Remove the cover and add 1 tsp of roasted cumin powder.
6. Enjoy !