Delicious simple ilish fish recipe that one must try!
¼ cup plain yoghurt ¾ tsp sugar 1½ tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp red chilli/kashmiri
1¼ tsp salt
5-6 pcs ilish
2 tbsp mustard oil
1½ cups onion (thinly sliced)
2 cups water
2 tbsp fried onions
4-5 green chilli
1. In a dish/bowl, add plain yoghurt, sugar, white vinegar, red chilli and mix well.
2. Add salt for taste and mix well until an orange-colored yoghurt paste is formed.
3. Place the ilish fish pieces into the yoghurt mixture and using your hand, mix well until the pieces have been fully covered by the mixture.
4. Drizzle mustard oil over the fish and mix with your hand.
5. Add a layer of onions into a pressure cooker, then place the ilish fish on top.
6. Repeating this pattern, add another layer of onions, then fish on top.
7. Place the excess yoghurt mixture from the bowl/dish into the pressure cooker and then add water.
8. Place the lid of the pressure cooker on tightly and cook for 10 minutes on high heat.
9. After 10 minutes, turn down the heat to low and cook for 1 hour 15 minutes.
10. Afterwards, carefully open the lid.
11. Using a spatula, place the ilish fish onto a frying pan.
12. Pour the gravy from the pressure cooker into the pan.
13. Sprinkle fried onions and green chilli.
14. Cook on high heat until the gravy thickens.
15. After the gravy thickens, your food is ready to enjoy!