Recipe for a delicious healthy chicken 🐔 in a special roti for dinner
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp turmeric
1½ tsp pepper
½ tsp cardamom
½ tsp roasted cumin
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp coriander
¼ tsp cooking oil
3 tbsp plain yoghurt 0% fat
½ tsp garlic
½ tsp lemon zest
1 tsp mayonnaise
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup + 1 tbsp water
¼ tsp salt
1. First, using a knife, slice through the middle of the chicken breast pieces.
2. Put the chicken into a bowl, and put in salt, turmeric, pepper and cardamom.
3. Next, add in roasted cumin, garlic paste, lemon juice and coriander - mix together using your hand, then put a plate on top of the bowl and leave aside.
4. In a pan, drizzle cooking oil and use a tissue to spread the oil around all of the surface.
5. Get one of the chicken breast pieces, and place onto the pan - press firmly and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
6. After this, take the chicken off the pan and let it rest for 10 minutes, then using a knife slice the chicken into smaller thin strips.
7. In a separate bowl, add in plain yoghurt, garlic, salt and lemon zest; mix together using a spoon.
8. Then, add in mayonnaise to the mixture whilst continuously mixing - leave this to one side for later use.
Oat Roti Instructions:
9. In a small blender, add oats, water and salt; blend together well.
10. Then, onto a pan drizzle the oat mixture and cook until crisp for 6 to 7 minutes on medium heat.
11. Your oat chapati should now be formed and ready.
Preparing the wrap Instructions:
12. Now that all your ingredients have been prepared and are now ready to use, bring them all aside.
13. Lay out your oat roti and use a spoon to scoop some of the plain yoghurt sauce out, and onto the roti - use a spoon to evenly spread out.
14. Use a kitchen tong (or hands) to pick out some of the chicken strips, and place them on top of the roti and sauce (ideally in the middle).
15. Add any other fillings of your choice e.g. lettuce, tomatoes and peppers.
16. Slowly fold in the wrap, to make a cylinder-like shape.
17. You may cut your chicken wrap, through the middle, if you like.
18. Your healthy chicken wrap is now ready to enjoy!