Khichuri/ Khichdi is a traditional Ayurvedic dish. It's flavorful, comforting and packed with lots of fiber.
Here is what you'll need!
Cooking oil 2 tbsp
Raw cumin seeds 1 tsp
Bay leaf 1, Cardamom 3, Cinnamon 1, cloves 3 and some black pepper
Sliced onions 1/2 cup
Thinly sliced Garlic 1 tsp
Thinly sliced Ginger 1 tsp
Tumeric 1/8 tsp
Salt to taste
Rolled oats 1.5 cups
Water 4 cups
Masoor dal 1/2 cup
Lime juice 1 tsp
Ghee 1 table spoon
Green chili 4-5 pcs
Roasted cumin powder 1 tsp
***Oats should be 1.5 cups***s should be 1.5 cups***
***Oats should be 1.5 cups***Pour cookin
g oil to a hot pot. Add cumin and all the whole garam masala. Saute until fragrant.
2. Add 1/2 cup of sliced onion , ginger, garlic, tumeri and salt and saute until the onion is translucent.
3. Add Oats and combine all the ingredients well , fry for about 2 minutes.
4. Pour 4 cups of water and cook over medium heat for 5 min.
5. Remove the cover and add Masoor dal/ Lentils and cook until the water is absorbed.
6. Add 1 teaspoon of lime juice, 4-5 chilies and 1 teaspoon of roasted cumin powder.
For tomato salad use tomato, onion, cilantro (dhunia pata), lime juice, green chili and salt
You can serve it with our favorite Nanur omelette : http://bit.ly/2FuKtFE
7. Enjoy !